|The Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce has 500+ members with 3 full time and 2 part time staff members. Mount Vernon has a population of 32,000 residents in a growing, vibrant city. Our mission is to serve and promote our members and proactively encourage economic growth. We support our members by providing information, training, networking opportunities, and advocacy.
Current employment opportunities with the Mount Vernon Chamber are listed on this page. If you do not see any job postings listed below then there are currently no positions available.
TITLE: Membership Director
STATUS: Full Time 40+ hours / week
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
- To increase membership of the Mount Vernon Chamber through new membership sales; and retention of all members.
- Generate membership leads through a variety of pro-active activities.
- Actively follow-up on prospects to the point of decision.
- Sponsorship sales for annual events – Jump Into Summer, Skagit Wine & Beer Festival, Concert Series, and Membership Meeting.
- Participate in retention program and monthly calls to members to ascertain membership satisfaction and/or needs.
- Sell website advertising
- Work with Ambassadors to facilitate assimilation into chamber membership.
- Attend and assist with Chamber programs and events.
- Work with President/CEO to review membership package plan on annual basis.
- Contribute content, input and proofing to weekly e-newsletter and monthly printed chamber newsletter.
- Base salary
- Membership sales commissions
- Renewal commissions
- Sponsorship sales commissions
- Online advertising sales commissions
Health Insurance, Vacation pay, Holidays, and SIMPLE IRA match.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
3 years sales experience, especially building relationships, and Bachelor’s Degree preferred
TO APPLY: Send Resume and cover letter to Andy Mayer, President/CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 2016