The Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce does not endorse candidates, but we do take positions on issues affecting the business community. We also work to keep our members informed about upcoming elections so that you can make the best decisions for your business.
- Each year, the Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce hosts a Candidates’ Forum at which every Chamber member can have the opportunity to hear directly from candidates in local, state, and federal elections.
- In the past, the Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce has taken positions on issues like the Family Paid Leave Act, small business insurance, land use, business taxes, and FEMA flood mapping, to name a few.
- The voice of the Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce is strong in our community, and through the support of our members, we can accomplish real change on a political level.
- The Mount Vernon Chamber is a member is the Skagit Business Alliance to represent the voice of Skagit County. For more information on Skagit Business Alliance their website is www.skagitbusinessalliance.com
- The Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce works with the Skagit Business Alliance to provide training for business people looking to run for office.