The United Way is seeking a new cohort of Financial PEOPLE Peer Leaders to train. Recruitment materials are below. Here are some more details:
- We are looking to train 6-8 people to be Peer Leaders for financial education in the community.
- Peer Leaders will receive 24 hours of free training on group facilitation, public speaking, resource navigation, financial education topics, etc.
- Peer Leaders will receive gift cards to offset expenses during the project.
- After training, Peer Leaders will volunteer on a team to coordinate 6 week group sessions at Goodwill, Community Action, Habitat for Humanity or Head Start.
- Local bankers and credit union staff teach the financial education portion of the group classes.
- Peer Leaders will need to pass the background check that is a part of the attached application.
- Peer leader training will be in English, group sessions can be in English or Spanish.
- We are looking for folks who are willing to share their own story; being bilingual is a bonus but it is not required.