- * UPDATED * L&I Paid Sick Leave Website:
- * UPDATED * L&I Employer Resource Center –
o * NEW * L&I Sample Paid Sick Leave Policies:
Basic Sample Paid Sick Leave Policy. This sample policy, covers the major elements of the law. It is designed so you can include the optional sample policies below. Note: If you use this Basic Sample Paid Sick Leave Policy, an employer’s paid sick leave program must meet or exceed the provisions of the new paid sick leave law, including those contained in RCW 49.46.200, 49.46.210, and all applicable paid sick leave rules (WAC 296-128). This policy is intended for guidance purposes only, and does not outline all the minimum paid sick leave requirements set forth in the state’s paid sick leave law.
A Reasonable Notice policy.
If you want to require an employee to provide “reasonable notice” for an absence from work for the use of paid sick leave for an authorized purpose.
A Verification policy.
If you want to require an employee to provide verification for paid sick leave uses that exceed three consecutive days the employee is required to work.
A Shared Leave policy.
If you would like to give your employees the ability to share leave with co-workers.
A Frontloading policy.
If you want to frontload an employee’s paid sick leave balance before it would otherwise accrue.
Employers must provide a one-time notification to each employee of their paid sick leave rights.
- Employee Paid Sick Leave Notification form (27 KB Word).
- * NEW * L&I Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) RE: Paid Sick Leave
- * NEW * L&I Employee Resource Center –
- Paid Sick Leave Law – Impacts of Initiative1433
o For different languages – scroll down to the bottom of this website page:
- * NEW * Paid Sick Leave General FAQs
- * NEW * Wage and Hour Questions Employers Often Ask
- Adopted Rule Language – Employee Rights and Employer Obligations Rules
- * NEW * Adopted Rule Language – Enforcement – Retaliation
- * NEW * Final Chapter 296-128 WAC – Minimum Wages
- * NEW * Final Chapter 49.46 RCW Minimum Wage Requirements and Labor Standards
- * UPDATED * Your Rights As A Worker Poster – L&I Required Poster
- Sign up for Upcoming Webinars on Initiative I-1433
- Interested in having an L&I Representative come and present at your next association meeting or conference?
o Send an email request to: LNITraining@LNI.WA.GOV
- Interested in keeping up to date on what’s happening?