Every year, Americans go on the hunt for the best spot to spend their Fourth of July.
Look no further, America: Mount Vernon puts on the perfect patriotic party at Edgewater Park. What makes our Independence Day celebration the best around? Here’s five reasons to spend your Fourth with us:
- Dance the Night Away: Toe-tap and hip-shake to the sounds of Skagit County. The soundtrack to your summer begins at 7 p.m. with covers of classic rock and modern hits by The Dogtones and country jams by The Lowdown Drifters.
- BYOB (Bring Your Own Barbeque): Start your Fourth on a full belly. Bring your favorite burgers, hotdogs and ribs, and grill yourself a feast.
- No Stress Eatin’: Forget your chef’s hat at home? Stop by one of the food vendors for the perfect bite. Fill up with food from Tacos Tecalitlan, Shaken & Stirred, Java Jo’s on the Go and Big Scoop Sundae Palace & Restaurant.
- Spread Out: No need to fight over blanket space—Edgewater Park offers 54 acres of space to find the perfect spot to watch the fireworks. Spread out by the softball fields and playground, relax by the river or claim your corner of grass before the sun sets.
- Light Up The Sky: Once the sun disappears, the fireworks take center-stage. Sit back, relax and enjoy the red, white and blue.