Skagit County Tulip Festival has been part of the City of Mount Vernon, since the early 1980’s. First being part of the Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce then branching out to form it own organization. Plan on driving between fields, Display Gardens and Festival Events.
Plan your trip today:
The Bloom Map is a wonderful feature that Tulips.com has provided. Updated daily with the most current fields in bloom, in addition, to where the Tulips, Daffodils and Iris are located.
- The Skagit Chili & Chowder Cook Off! 1- 4pm Saturday, April 6. Enter your favorite recipe or come and enjoy others! This is the third annual Skagit Chili & Chowder Cook-off where you choose the winner. $15 gets you six samples and a vote (a large portion of your favorite)The Skagit Chili and Chowder Cook Off is presented by Craft Stove. $25 to compete – professionals and amateurs are welcome.
- The Downtown Mount Vernon Street Fair April 19 – 21, 10 am-6 pm Friday & Saturday, 10 am-5 pm Sunday The Annual Tulip Festival Street Fair, presented by the Mount Vernon Downtown Association. Featuring 100s of juried arts and crafts vendors from more that 8 states. Live entertainment at multiple locations, children’s activities and a wonderful variety of food concessions to choose from.
- Kiwanis Salmon Barbecue April 6 – 28, 11am – 7pm Daily. Has become a staple within the festival. Wild Salmon barbecued over Alder, with baked potato, slaw, garlic bread, & ice cream. Two serving sizes, $10 and $12. Heated Lodge.
- Tulip Run 9:30 a.m. start on Saturday, April 6. Join us. Be a part of Skagit Valley Tulip Festival’s premier running event. This scenic 2 or 5 mile course is flat and fast on gravel packed trails. It’s an experience the whole family will enjoy. Free to 14 and under (to encourage you) and 70 and older (you deserve it). Otherwise, $13 OR $23 with shirt. Info and registration on-line at www.tuliprun.com. If needed, call (360) 540-161134rd
- Tulip Pedal 36TH Annual Saturday, April 20 Registration from 7 am – noon. Course open until 4 pm. Consists of 20- 40- and 60-mile bike ride. Registration from 7 am – noon. Course open until 4 pm. Pre-registration: $30. Day of: $35. Technical jerseys available for $15. Kids 14 and under FREE. For more info call (360) 428-3236 or visit www.active.com for registration.list of festival events: http://www.tulipfestival.org/calendar