Chinook Enterprises is Seeking an Administrative Assistant
Chinook Enterprises is taking applications for an Administrative Assistant to join our team. This position is full time, 40 hours per week. This is a pivotal position in our agency. The person must be able to communicate comfortably with individuals with all types of disabilities. She/he must also maintain a professional manner in greeting parents, professional associates in the field of rehabilitation and mental health, and the consumer public.
Days and Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Starting Wage: $16.50-$19.50 DOE
Benefits: We offer an excellent benefits package, including full coverage on medical, dental, long term disability, life insurance, 403(b) retirement (benefits totaling over $12,000 annually), 9 paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave and an optional vision benefit that is available at a low cost.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Handle all incoming telephone calls, forward calls, and route messages to appropriate staff via voicemail or e-mail.
- Greet incoming customers, stakeholders, etc.
- Accurately store agency reports, forms, contracts, personnel records, etc. in a timely fashion as requested.
- Take meeting minutes, as requested.
- Run errands to bank, post office, and other community sites, upon request.
- Review and proofread correspondence, reports, forms, and contracts for accuracy in spelling, grammar, and calculations as requested.
- Support taking inventory and purchase of general office supplies, etc.
- Assist Administration Department in record keeping responsibilities, scanning, data entry, filing, personnel records, administrative files, medical files, shredding, etc.
- Act as back-up to Accounting Specialist or Office Manager including computer assistance, server backup, assist staff and customers, and accounts receivable as needed.
- Receive mail, stamp with receipt date stamp, and distribute to addressee.
- Log and receipt date stamp all incoming checks, scan, and upload.
- Assist with audits.
- Assist all managers with research and development projects.
- Support tracking of personnel records requirements including background checks, driving records, vehicle insurance, and others as required.
- Handle incoming telephone calls and forward to appropriate staff.
- Observe whole operational picture, anticipate special needs, and facilitate those needs.
- Maintain and record petty cash disbursements.
- Support facility and vehicle maintenance, as needed.
- Support phone system maintenance and updates.
- Maintenance of all office equipment operations, inclusive of scanning, copier, fax, printers, and postage meter.
If you would like to be part of our team, please submit your resume and cover letter in one of the following ways:
- Visit https://chinookenterprises.org/category/job-postings/ to download our application and apply through our website.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Human Resources, Chinook Enterprises, 2026 La Venture Rd. Mt Vernon, WA 98273