Gardens & Golf
WSU Display Garden
Three Volunteer Display Gardens are located on 10 acres of Mount Vernon WSU Research Extension grounds. They include the Skagit Master Gardeners Discovery Garden, WA Native Plant Society Garden and Western WA Fruit Research Foundation Garden. The gardens are free and open daily, providing educational self-guided walking tours. Special events and classes are offered by each organization throughout the year.
- Fall and Winter Garden: the garden has plant selection chosen for their fall color and winter blooms.
- Cottage Garden: The Cottage Garden is a combination of ornamental, vegetables, herbs and fruit.
- Herb Garden: The overall structure of this garden is formal, but the planting is not.
- Gardens are open from dawn to dusk seven days a week.
RoozenGaarde is a division of Washington Bulb Co., Inc and the largest grower of tulip, daffodil, and iris bulbs in the United States.
- Spring over 1/4 million bulbs burst into bloom in the beautiful display garden creating a spectacular presentation of natural beauty and color.
- Summer the garden is filled with dahlias, lilies and snapdragons, geraniums, marigolds, and more. A perfect location for summer weddings, parties, or simply a family picnic.
- Fall the gardens gift ship is filled with largest and best quality bulbs, while the employees are full of planting and growing advice!
- Winter the gift shop is full of winter wonderland. The shop is decorated for the holidays, with a nice assortment of unique gifts for the home & garden.
Eaglemont Golf Course
Eaglemont is an 18 hole championship-quality public golf course and a world-class events venue, located in the heart of the beautiful Skagit Valley in Mount Vernon, Washington. Combining challenging golf with spectacular scenery, the course at Eaglemont offers golfers a memorable experience. Each of our holes is unique and separated from the others (no up and back golf here) and you will likely hit every club in your bag at least once during your round. Our Clubhouse sits on top of a hill, overlooks a couple of our signature holes, and in the background, the Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains are visible!
Skagit Golf & Country Club
Skagit Golf and Country Club has recently been remarked upon as one of the finest hidden gems in Western Washington. With narrow, tree-lined fairways making up most of the front nine, golfers are challenged to shoot straight off the tee. The back nine offers a more open look with additional length. The relatively flat course is inviting to golfers of all proficiency levels, but fast, smooth greens – prevalent throughout the entire course – offer a fun challenge for all.