Gardens & Golf
WSU Display Garden
Three volunteer display gardens are located on 10 acres of the Mount Vernon WSU Research Extension grounds. They include the Skagit Master Gardeners Discovery Garden, WA Native Plant Society Garden and Western WA Fruit Research Foundation Garden. The gardens are free and open daily, providing educational self-guided walking tours. Special events and classes are offered throughout the year. Please check with the Extension for the gardens' availability during COVID.
- Fall and Winter Garden: This garden has plant selection chosen for their fall color and winter blooms.
- Cottage Garden: The Cottage Garden is a combination of ornamentals, vegetables, herbs and fruit.
- Herb Garden: The overall structure of this garden is formal, but the planting is not.
- Gardens are open from dawn to dusk seven days a week.
RoozenGaarde is a division of Washington Bulb Co., Inc and the largest grower of tulip, daffodil, and iris bulbs in the United States.
- Spring over a quarter-million bulbs burst into bloom in the beautiful display garden creating a spectacular presentation of natural beauty and color.
- Summer the garden is filled with dahlias, lilies and snapdragons, geraniums, marigolds and more. A perfect location for summer weddings, parties or a family picnic.
- Fall the garden gift shop is filled with largest and best quality bulbs, while the employees are full of planting and growing advice!
- Winter the shop is decorated for the holidays, with an assortment of unique gifts for the home and garden.
Skagit Golf & Country Club
Skagit Golf and Country Club has been called one of the finest hidden gems in Western Washington. With narrow, tree-lined fairways making up most of the front nine, golfers are challenged to shoot straight off the tee. The back nine offers a more open look with additional length. The relatively flat course is inviting to golfers of all proficiency levels, but fast, smooth greens – prevalent throughout the entire course – offer a fun challenge for all.