Springtime is a wonderful time for Mount Vernon, and each tulip season brings new adventure.
The Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, April 1-30, has been part of the City of Mount Vernon since the early 1980s. It began as part of the Mount Vernon Chamber of Commerce then branched out to form its own organization. Plan on driving between fields, display gardens and festival events.
Plan your trip today
The Bloom Map is a wonderful feature that Tulips.com has provided. Updated daily with the most current fields in bloom, in addition, to where the Tulips, Daffodils and Iris are located.
• The Downtown Mount Vernon Street Fair The Annual Tulip Festival Street Fair, presented by the Mount Vernon Downtown Association, features hundreds of juried arts and crafts vendors from more that eight states. Live entertainment at multiple locations, children’s activities and a wonderful variety of food concessions to choose from.
• Kiwanis Salmon Barbecue This event has become a staple within the festival. Wild salmon barbecued over alder, with baked potato, slaw, garlic bread and ice cream. Two serving sizes. Heated lodge.
• List of festival events and more on the Tulip Festival website.
Need to Know
• Bloom dates are according to weather
• Beat the crowds during the week versus the weekend.
• Dress for all four seasons.
• Plan on driving between fields, display gardens and festival events.
• Four display gardens both have their own fees (and offer free parking)